Is SmartLipo Right for You?
Conveniently located to serve the areas of Los Gatos, Mountain View, Palo Alto and San Jose, CA
Almost anyone can be a good candidate for SmartLipo. In general, the ideal candidate: (1) is in good health, exercises regularly, is within 25 lbs. of his or her ideal weight; (2) has one or more areas of local body fat deposits that have responded poorly to diet and exercise; and (3) is bothered by these fatty areas, and is motivated to get rid of them permanently.
Our doctors and staff will review the benefits and risks of SmartLipo during your consultation visit. We will assess whether you are a good candidate with respect to your medical health, and clarify what SmartLipo could do for you.
Generally, SmartLipo might be right for you if:
- You don’t have a lot of time to spend in recovery. – SmartLipo patients are typically back to work within 1-2 days following the procedure. Bandages are removed 1-2 weeks after that.
- You’ve worked hard to eat right and exercise, yet you still can’t lose those “love handles” or other fat deposits you consider unsightly. – Human fat, or adipose tissue, can be very hard to get rid of through exercise and diet alone. SmartLipo can be a relatively simple solution to remove stubborn fat permanently.
- You want a procedure that is FDA approved. – The SmartLipo device was approved in November of 2006, and today is one of the fasting-growing, safest procedures in the cosmetic surgery field.
- You don’t want loose skin as a result of the procedure. – Many patients of traditional liposuction find that their skin does not adjust to the reduction of fat deposits. This tendency often results in unattractive “droops.” These patients often require skin lifts that can lead to scars, thus rendering the initial liposuction treatment useless. But by pulling the surrounding skin inward, SmartLipo laser technology can reconstruct the layers immediately under the patient’s skin, completely eliminating skin drooping.
- You want something more affordable than traditional liposuction. – The cost of the SmartLipo procedure depends on how many areas are being treated, but just your neck starts at $2,000. The average traditional liposuction procedure on an abdomen costs about $6,500. The average SmartLipo abdomen procedure costs $5,000. This difference in pricing represents a 30% cost savings.
- You want permanent results. -Once the fat is removed from a particular area of the body, it will never return. If you gain fat in the future, it will be deposited elsewhere on your body.
To be a good candidate for SmartLipo, you should have realistic expectations about the procedure’s capabilities. And while SmartLipo can improve your appearance and self-confidence, it won’t necessarily match your mental ideal, nor will it cause other people to act differently toward you. Before you decide to have SmartLipo, think carefully about your expectations and discuss them with your doctor during your consultation visit.
SmartLipo: the safe, affordable and permanent alternative.