Enhance your appearance with skin rejuvenation and resurfacing. If you want to improve the appearance of your skin, skin rejuvenation or resurfacing may be right for you.
Skin rejuvenation can be achieved in a number of ways, ranging from laser, light and other energy-based treatments to chemical peels and other non-ablative methods. The result is a smoother, clearer and more youthful appearance to your skin. Skin rejuvenation is a treatment to resurface your skin, or to improve the texture, clarity and overall appearance of your skin. Conditions that can be treated include:
- Static wrinkles: These wrinkles are visible at all times and do not change in appearance with facial movements.
- Dynamic wrinkles: These are expression lines that may appear as folds when the skin is not moving, and deepen with facial movements or expressions.
- Pigmentation: Freckles, sun spots, melasma, or other darkened patches of skin result mainly from sun exposure.
- Scars: As the result of acne or injury to the skin, scars may be rolling (a wavy appearance to the skin), pitted, discolored, or have raised borders.
- Vascular conditions: Blood vessels visible on the surface of the skin, vascular lesions that appear as tiny blood filled blisters or even a constant flush of facial redness.
- Loss of skin tone: Weakening of the supportive skin structure (collagen and elastin fibers) that results in a loss of skin firmness, or the development of cellulite.
While skin rejuvenation or resurfacing is not as involved as a surgical cosmetic procedure, skin rejuvenation is a medical procedure. As with any cosmetic improvement, the decision to undergo this treatment should be based on your desire to improve upon the beauty that already exists within you. Cosmetic procedures should never be done to fulfill someone else’s desires or to try to fit into any sort of ideal image. Skin rejuvenation achieves best results when:
- You are physically healthy
- You don’t smoke
- You have a positive outlook
- You have specific but realistic goals in mind for the improvement of your appearance
To learn about your skin rejuvenation options with Dr. Patrick Bitter Jr., schedule a consultation or call us at 408-358-5757.