Sciton® is a laser development company that provides advanced light sources and lasers to aesthetic medical markets. With their high efficacy, speed, reliability, and durability, Sciton lasers provide extraordinary results.
Board-certified dermatologist Dr. Patrick Bitter, Jr., pioneer of the FotoFacial treatment, uses Sciton lasers to help his patients achieve smoother, tighter, and more youthful looking skin.
What Sciton Lasers Can Do
- Treat age spots and sun damage
- Reduce redness
- Remove unwanted hair
- Minimize wrinkles
- Improve skin tone and texture
- Restore radiant skin
- Melt unwanted fat
- Firm skin tissue
Sciton Laser Options
Dr. Bitter uses the following types of lasers to improve skin quality for patients at his practice. Dr. Bitter customizes each treatment to specifically address your needs and may combine treatments to achieve even greater results.
BroadBand Light (FotoFacial)
The FotoFacial, developed by Dr. Bitter himself, uses light energy to gently heat the upper skin layers. This stimulates the skin to regenerate collagen and become smoother, younger looking, and more vibrant.
- What It Treats: The FotoFacial can treat pigmented lesions, vascular lesions, acne, skin firmness, skin texture, and even unwanted hair.
- Procedure: The procedure is non-invasive and lasts up to a half hour. Multiple treatments may be necessary to achieve your desired results.
- Recovery and Results: No downtime is necessary. Temporary redness and minor skin flaking may occur after treatment. The treated skin will become smoother and more even in tone and texture.
ClearScan Laser Hair Removal
ClearScan™ uses laser energy to selectively target hair follicles and remove unwanted body hair. It treats many hairs simultaneously and can remove hair from large areas. ClearScan is safe to use on all skin types.
- What It Treats: ClearScan can remove unwanted hair, including ingrown hair, from nearly anywhere on the body.
- Procedure: The procedure is non-invasive and will usually require a few treatments to achieve desirable results. The length of the procedure varies according to the size of the treatment area.
- Recovery and Results: Some slight swelling, redness, and temporary pigmentation changes may occur. The treated area will become permanently smooth after treatment with ClearScan.
Contour TRL Skin Resurfacing
Contour TRL™ removes a layer of skin to reduce pigment irregularities, wrinkles, and other tone and textural issues. This safe treatment stimulates new collagen growth so that new, healthy skin cells can grow and present a more rejuvenated appearance.
- What It Treats: Contour TRL can treat scars, solar spots, deep wrinkles, actinic keratoses, and poor skin tone and texture on the face, neck, and other areas of the body.
- Procedure: The procedure lasts between 15 and 30 minutes, and only one treatment is typically necessary to achieve excellent results. Depending on the extent of treatment, patients may receive Contour TRL with a topical or local anesthetic.
- Recovery and Results: Shallow treatments with Contour TRL™ have a three to four-day recovery period, while deeper treatments have a longer recovery time. Temporary side effects include swelling, skin redness, and sensitivity. Patients should avoid sun exposure after treatment. After the procedure, the top layer of skin will regrow and will be smoother, softer, and more even in tone. Deeper treatments stimulate new collagen growth for four to six months after treatment, which can lead to increasingly tighter and more resilient skin.
Halo Hybrid Fractional Laser
Halo™ offers complete skin rejuvenation and restores a healthy, luminous glow to your skin. Controlled and precise targeting allows Halo to treat the skin at the proper depth to create beautiful results with minimal downtime.
- What It Treats: Halo can improve skin vibrancy and treat sun damage, discoloration, fine lines, and pore size.
- Procedure: Dr. Bitter can customize this procedure to meet your needs, which means that you may undergo one or two aggressive treatments or several less aggressive treatments over time and achieve similar results. The Halo handpiece will be rolled evenly over the skin and should feel like heat with an occasional slight prickling sensation.
- Recovery and Results: After 24 hours of keeping your skin protected from the sun, your skin will begin to peel. After a few more days, it will reveal the new skin beneath. Pigmentation improvements are most often seen within the first two to three weeks and will continue to improve for months. Results from Halo treatments can last for years.
MicroLaserPeel Superficial Skin Resurfacing
The MicroLaserPeel® improves skin texture and appearance by removing a thin layer of damaged skin. As the skin heals after treatment, healthy new cells will grow and create healthier skin with improved tone and reduced wrinkles.
- What It Treats: The MicroLaserPeel can treat pigment irregularities, sun damage, freckles, keratosis, mild wrinkles, and scars on the face, neck, chest, hands, and other areas.
- Procedure: The procedure lasts only 15 to 30 minutes and includes computer-guided laser scanning. The MicroLaserPeel can be customized to provide shallow or deep treatments.
- Recovery and Results: After treatment, the skin will appear “frosty” and will peel away over the next few days. Some redness, minor swelling, and sensitivity may also occur. Patients typically feel comfortable returning to work after three to four days. It is best to avoid sun exposure as the skin heals. It takes only a few days to see noticeable improvements in skin tone and texture after a MicroLaserPeel.
ProLipo Plus Laser Body Contouring
ProLipo Plus™ uses laser technology to improve body contour. The laser fiber melts unwanted fat and firms the tissues to create a slimmer and tighter body shape. This treatment is best for those who are already reasonably fit but have pockets of localized fat.
- What It Treats: ProLipo Plus can remove fat from nearly anywhere on the body, including the abdomen, love handles, back, bra roll, under the chin, thighs, saddlebags, knees, and more.
- Procedure: The procedure typically requires only one treatment and is comfortable, quick, and easy.
- Recovery and Results: Patients will have minimal downtime, bruising, and sensitivity after treatment with ProLipo Plus. Results are visible soon after treatment and continue to improve over the following several months, with the fat pockets melting away and the skin becoming firmer and tighter in the treated areas.
SkinTyte II Skin Firming
SkinTyte II™ uses infrared energy to heat collagen in the skin. This process causes the collagen to contract and the body to renew collagen and improve skin firmness.
- What It Treats: SkinTyte II can improve skin firmness anywhere on the body.
- Procedure: SkinTyte II can be customized and may require multiple treatments. The length of treatment depends on the area to be treated. Treatment with SkinTyte II is non-invasive and requires no topical anesthesia.
- Recovery and Results: There is no downtime after treatment with SkinTyte II. Your skin will become firmer and tighter over the four months after treatment as your skin’s collagen foundation becomes stronger and more stable.
Board-certified dermatologist Dr. Patrick Bitter, Jr. is an expert in skin health and anti-aging solutions. Dr. Bitter uses the Sciton lasers to help individuals achieve their aesthetic goals and improve the quality and youthfulness of their skin. To experience the benefits of Sciton lasers yourself, schedule your personal consultation with Dr. Bitter. Call (408) 358-5757 or fill out our online contact form to schedule your appointment today.